Monday 1 May 2017

desolation row





























I haven't posted anything for a while. I took a couple of weeks off work at Easter and therefore didn't have access to the A3 scanners which I use to scan double spreads from my sketchbook. I've been busy drawing though and have embarked on a rather ambitious project – an illustrated version of Bob Dylan's Desolation Row. My plan is to draw all the different characters mentioned in the song – about thirty in all. The final image will be one long horizontal piece which I might turn into a concertina book or one of those boxes with a window and handles which you can turn to scroll through the image. The quick sketch I've posted here is a rough guide to remind me what each of the characters is doing and I'm also using this as a checklist as I work my way through the illustration. More soon...

TWSBI Diamond 580 on photocopier paper.

No comments: