Saturday 28 January 2017

warwick
















The team from Warwick University who play Emmanuel on Monday night's University Challenge.

I really struggled to achieve a likeness with Van and I'm still sure that I've succeeded in doing so, but it's the best I'm going to be able to do, so I've gone ahead with it. I originally planned to give him a Viking helmet too as it seemed to be a natural fit, but I couldn't get it to work, so you'll just have to use your imagination. Next time you see him on TV, just picture him onboard a longship drinking ale out of a horn, with a black fleece over his shoulders and a look of brutal determination on his face as he sails off to plunder some unfortunate settlement.

TWSBI Diamond 580 with Platinum Carbon ink on Stillman and Birn Alpha Series paper. Digital colour.

No comments: