Sunday 22 January 2017

siantonas




























Recent sketchbook double spread featuring Bristol's Tomsett and some other – failed – attempts at contestants who lost their match and are now out of the competition. A shame, as Siantonas (from Oriel – Oxford) was an interesting character to study and would have been worth returning to. With his flowing locks and beard and thoughtful countenance, he looks like somebody important out of the Bible. God, say. Or Jesus. However, having drawn two or three University Challenge teams, I realised it was always the winning teams I was illustrating and so, having made that 'rule' for myself, it's one I find I have to stick to, no matter how much a team member may resemble a deity.

TWSBI Diamond 580 with Platinum Carbon ink and watercolours in A4 Stillman and Birn Alpha Series sketchbook.

No comments: