Thursday 22 December 2016

the beatles







































All my recent Beatling around led to this. I'm happy with the likenesses but perhaps I was a little too reverential and should have further exaggerated their facial features. I particularly like John and Ringo (John's nose is good), I haven't quite captured Paul to my satisfaction, and of all the Fab Four, George was the most difficult to get right, hence the countless attempts at a likeness in recent posts. The 'finished' illustration is in colour and can be seen over on the website, but I quite like the black and white version which goes some way to capture the Beatles in 1963/1964 (before colour was invented).

TWSBI Diamond 580 with Platinum Carbon ink on Stillman and Birn Alpha Series paper. Digital colour.

1 comment:

Dave Shelton said...

Very good Ringo. Well done, sir.