Thursday 8 September 2016

monkees




























So, all those sketches of the Monkees (see previous posts) culminated in this portrait of the band. I get slightly obsessed by things and the focus of my attention this summer has been the Monkees. This was precipitated by their first album release since 1834 (or whenever the last one came out) which I bought out of curiosity and because XTC's Andy Partridge had written a song for the album. It's really good, particularly the first six or seven songs and there's a fantastic Mike Nesmith-led track called Me and Magdelena on there which is sublime. I then got the good lady wife (who's name escapes me for the moment) to buy me a cheapo box set of the Monkees first five studio albums – for a tenner no less – for my birthday and this has been the soundtrack to my summer...

TWSBI Diamond 580 with Platinum Carbon ink on Stillman and Birn Alpha Series paper. Digital colour.

No comments: