Wednesday 10 August 2016

ottica





























First of a series of (bad) drawings made on a recent trip to Italy.  Once again, I'm having to scan these on my crummy A4 scanner at home and the Stillman and Birn sketchbook doesn't quite fit on the glass so I have to make two scans and then stick them together with digital glue. The problem is intensified when I scan a double spread as I have to do it in four parts which takes FOREVER and looks pretty ropey. Still, it doesn't matter too much, as the drawings themselves are poor and no amount of quality scanning could redeem them. Well, YOU try drawing in 34°C with sweaty hands and a sore arse from sitting on a hard street whilst mosquitoes nibble on your extremities. No-one knows the pain I feel (sigh)...

TWSBI Diamond 580 with Platinum Carbon ink and watercolours in A4 Stillman and Birn Alpha Series sketchbook.

No comments: