Saturday 30 March 2013

the scream of the newborn


























A Tintin / Hergé pastiche from last year drawn under the guise of my nom de plume, Bill Buswell. I'd been wanting to do something like this for ages and I went and looked at all the original Tintin book covers with the idea of using one of Hergé's compositions for my own work. This parodies/ steals/ pays homage to The Secret of the Unicorn and I managed to replace all the original elements with things that had some meaning to me. It worked well and I'm really pleased with the results, so much so that I feel I should go and work on versions of the other twenty-odd covers.

Incidentally, I've been drawing the box-headed character for something like 20 years now and STILL haven't found a suitable name for him, at least nothing I'm happy with. Still, if this book were real and translated into French, La Boîte would be a translation I'd be happy with.

Click on the image to see a larger version.

No comments: