Wednesday 30 November 2011

m.r. james got nothin' on this baby

The arrival of child #1 earlier in the year has reduced the vast oupouring of creativity here at TPS to a slow trickle. It has had other effects too. My Better Half has not yet found time to visit her local salon and looks increasingly like some latter-day Rapunzel. As a result of this, she is leaving stray hairs in the bathroom after her fortnightly shower, which brings us to today's post.

At TPS headquarters this morning, I encountered a phenomenon that can only be described as supernatural. On entering the bathroom, I was met with an icy blast that chilled me to the marrow. Then, I pulled back the shower curtain to reveal a matted clump of wet hair that had taken on the appearance of... the late Dennis Hopper circa Easy Rider.



We have all heard stories of the Mexican farmer who found an image of the Virgin Mary in his tortilla or the factory worker from Wigan whose morning toast bore an uncanny likeness to Che Guevara, but these are nothing when compared to the ghostly goings-on in my own bathroom. Admittedly, the otherwordly chill I experienced was simply down to the fact that the missus had left the window open so that steam could get out, but in no way should this lessen the spookiness of the event.

Next time: how I once discovered green ectoplasm by the plughole, only to discover it was a spillage of mint-flavoured Original Source shower gel.

No comments: