Tuesday 23 March 2010

ein fliegendes schwein


A couple of weeks ago, I received a rather curious letter from a German gentleman called Hans. In it, he explained that he was a fan of illustration and cartooning, told me that he liked my work and asked if it was possible to send him an image, preferably one containing a picture of a pig. Well, I was more than happy to oblige but I didn't have such a picture, so I drew the above which I sent off to my Teutonic correspondent yesterday.

I've subsequently used it as the basis of a screenprint as I wanted to do a quick experiment with halftone (see next post) in anticipation of a larger print-based project later in the year. Anyway, the drawing/print that resulted from this episode isn't earth-shattering by any stretch of the imagination (I'm at a loss to explain why this particular porcine is grounded, for one thing) but I'm happy with it and it was a welcome break from all the portraits I've been drawing recently.

No comments: