Thursday 7 January 2010

school milk


A plastic pouch of school milk that Dirty D 'liberated' from her place of work. She said that not all the kids wanted it, so there was milk to spare, but I like to think that she deliberately stole this rich source of calcium from her charges, thus hampering their physical development and giving them all brittle bones in later life. Dirty by name...

On a technical note, this sketch is, for me, a rare foray into pen and watercolour wash, largely because I can't find a pen that I'm comfortable with that will take waterproof ink. Before I'm beseiged by cries of 'Noodler's Ink!, Noodler's Ink!', that's what I used here, but I'm still not happy with it. Although it's much better than other inks I've used, it's still not 100% waterproof and my favourite Parker fountain pen doesn't seem to like it very much. So until I find a better 'colouring-in' solution, I'm sticking with Photoshop.

No comments: