Thursday 1 July 2010

sketchbook



An A4 sketch from a couple of weeks ago. This is the first chance I've had to scan it in though, as I needed to utilise the A3 scanner at work.

J and I went up to North Yorkshire for the weekend to spend some time with the Earth Mother and the rest of the Casson brood. We met Graham (the Casson paterfamilias) outside a London train station and he kindly drove us all the way to sun-baked Northallerton for a thoroughly splendid couple of days. The food was incredible, the weather amazing (they'd turned the heating back on since I was last up North) and the company as friendly a bunch of people as you could hope to meet. Thanks to all concerned for their many kindnesses, especially Marion and Graham.

With regards to the drawing above, I'd intended to fill the whole double spread with inky scratches (good name for a blog that) but I got a little car sick after completing the right hand page and had to stop.

As always, click on the above to see a larger version. More Yorkshire-inspired sketches to follow over the coming days...

No comments: